DRG, an advisory firm specializing in helping clients develop international telecom infrastructure with a special emphasis on undersea fiber optic networks, announces that its Managing Partner, Elaine Stafford, will moderate the ‘Cables for a changing tomorrow’ keynote panel at Submarine Networks World 2017, held September 25-27 at the Suntec Convention & Exhibition Centre, Singapore. DRG executive, John Mariano, will also be at the event. Both he and Ms. Stafford will be available to meet with new and existing clients.
Ms. Stafford has been leading the development, engineering, implementation and sales of undersea fiber-optic cable system projects worldwide since the early 1980s and brings a wealth of experience to the panel as discussion facilitator.
Cables for a changing tomorrow
September 26th @ 9:55am
Relooking at business models – how effective is the traditional consortium model in today’s business climate?
- Private vs consortium pros and cons: will we see a new business model emerging?
- Who will build the next generation of cables? What will this mean for carriers
- Which routes/regions can we expect a boom in new builds and growth in bandwidth consumption.
Addressing the changing face of the market
- What do today’s customers want from cable operators/owners? How are we trying to meet their expectations?
- How does that affect what operators and owners want from their suppliers?
Planning for tomorrow
- How can we best plan to mitigate the risk imposed by permitting delays or capacity shortfalls?
- Dr. Steve Grubb, Global Optical Architect, Facebook
- Paul Gabla, Chief Sales & Marketing Officer, Alcatel Submarine Networks
- Donald (Yijun) Tan, Executive Vice President, Global Network, China Telecom Global
- Mike Constable, Chief Executive Officer, Huawei Marine Networks
- Michael Rieger, Vice President, Sales & Business Development, TE SubCom
- Russ Matulich, Chief Executive Officer, RTI
2017 marks the 20th anniversary of Submarine Networks World. The event delivers an excellent platform for the industry to exchange knowledge, present the latest cable projects, develop innovative strategies and form new partnerships.
Update: Watch the full panel video here!